Skip to main content

Press release 01/12/2023

Stavian Recycling development of plastic waste recycle plant in Vietnam

Countries worldwide and Vietnam aim to develop a circular economy to solve economic growth and environmental protection challenges. To solve the environmental pollution problem and contribute to the conservation of exploited natural resources, the Stavian Recycling Joint Stock Company under Stavian Group is currently focusing on developing the Stavian Recycled Plastic Plant project to establish a circular ecosystem for plastic waste in Vietnam. 

According to statistics from the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, there are about 1.8 million tons of plastic waste discharged into the environment each year in Vietnam, 0.28 million to 0.73 million tons of which are released into the sea - but only 27% of it is recycled and utilized by establishments and businesses. It is worth mentioning that the treatment and recycling of plastic waste is still limited when up to 90% of plastic waste is processed by burying, landfilling, and burning; only the remaining 10% is recycled. Classification, recovery, recycling, and plastic waste treatment are still limited. The amount of plastic waste and nylon bags in Vietnam accounts for about 8-12% of household solid waste. But only about 11-12% of plastic waste and nylon bags are processed and recycled; the rest is mainly buried, burned, and discharged into the environment. This can lead to environmental disasters, especially ocean pollution, posing a problem for businesses in finding comprehensive solutions for a sustainable future. 

Always taking sustainable development as a guideline since inception, circular economy development is an essential and long-term step of Stavian Group’s operation. Recently, Stavian Group established Stavian Recycling Joint Stock Company (Stavian Recycling) and invested in building the Stavian Recycled Plastic Plant to promote safe plastic recycling and develop safe and sustainable waste management solutions, achieving socio-economic goals and aiming to protect the environment. 



Stavian Recycled Plastic Plant is expected to be built in a 3-hectare area in Northern Vietnam’s province, applying the most advanced and modern European technology, which many multinational corporations have applied. Using moderntechnology, the project will meet a safe and effective recycling supply chain, including building a collection - classification- cleaning - reconstitution, and recycling system, ensuring the production of rPET resins meets international qualitystandards set by the EU. Up to now, Stavian Recycling has worked with provincial authorities and urgently promotedwork related to investment procedures according to the Vietnamese Government’s regulations. Stavian Recycled PlasticPlant is expected to start construction in the first quarter of 2024 and operate in the third quarter of 2025 with a morethan 17,000 tons/year capacity. Thousands of jobs will be created, and the project will significantly improve local social security issues, which will help Vietnam solve the growing plastic waste problem.


For more details, kindly check VietNamNews​ & The SaiGon Times​.